Attachment Challenge

    Someone recently emailed me about buying her 4-year-old a toy sewing machine. I started writing a response but somehow ran into a brick wall.

    I wanted to recommend getting a Janome Sew Mini and also purchasing a finger guard attachment. You see I bought my daughter a Singer Chain Stitch Machine last year and was really disappointed in it. Not only was it battery operated but it has no bobbin so your stitches will just pull out if you do not knot the ends somehow. Just inconvenient.

    Now that she's 5 I think she wants something that can actually sew. She's really into making pockets and talking about sewing them onto our clothes. I thought she might get a kick out of sewing some bean bags.

    But back to my problem....
    The one thing I did like about the Chain Stitch machine was that it had a plastic casing covering the needle. I still wouldn't feel safe leaving Lily alone with a 'real' sewing machine that didn't have some kind of finger guard. I wanted to recommend the better machine to my reader. However, after at least an hour of scouring sites I couldn't find anything on the internet about finger guard attachments. It seemed like such a practical, reasonable request.

    Soooo, I thought I'd send this question out into the blogosphere and see if one of you good readers might know of anything along those lines.

    If someone can successfully suggest an attachment or better solution, they will be receiving a special surprise package from me. Nothing too fantastic but a nice thank you.

    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Post Title

Attachment Challenge


Post URL

http://bizzybbakes.blogspot.com/2009/12/someone-recently-emailed-me-about.html


Visit bizzybbakes for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive