NYC trip

    So yesterday I rode in the train from Harrisburg to New York City to meet with Burdastyle! I'm working with them on a special project/collaboration. And since Brian takes the train to Philly every day for work, I had someone to chat with half up and half back. So that worked out like awesome sauce;)

    I met with the project manager Jamie Lau, who is just darling! I'm so psyched to be working with her. The moment I arrived she helped me make a snappy little espresso and introduced me to all the Burdastyle staff who I've only known in avatar form;)

    After our big meeting, Jamie walked me through the garment district including all the most popular shops, B&J, Mood. I bought a cute little ice-cream plaid fabric for $17 a yard (see top). I'd never pay that here but I figured what the heck it's NY. And I think it was worth it because it has inspired me to FINALLY make a new dress. I just have to get the kids bunks upstairs once and for all so I can finish my craft room.

    I also got a look at their first book which will be coming out soon! And I can safely say, it's definitely worth the wait! So many amazing projects! So much eye candy. Just like Burdastyle! It's definitely on my must-own list of sewing books.

    I'll probably be heading back to the Burdastyle offices in the beginning of August, so I'll update you more then!

    PS
    Want to see all my latest amazing cheap cute dress finds
    I post them daily to my followers. 

Post Title

NYC trip


Post URL

http://bizzybbakes.blogspot.com/2011/07/so-yesterday-i-rode-in-train-from.html


Visit bizzybbakes for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive