A Frock By Friday™


    So I had an idea yesterday.

    I get a lot of email from people who say that they wish they could sew clothing or they'd like to try. I tell them it's not as hard as you might think but I suspect my claims are unconvincing.

    I'd like to help.

    Would any of you be interested in making a dress with me?

    I would post a detailed diagram of a couple steps of the dress every day. You would have the same pattern and 'make' the dress with me as the week went on. By Friday, we should have a finished dress. If a dress was too hard we could start with something simpler. We could use one of the 'free' patterns off of the BurdaStyle website. If a dress sounds like something you might be interested in, I thought this one below was a good start!

    Get the free pattern instructions here and pattern here.
    Courtesy of Elaine of The Selfish Seamstress.

    Let me know if any of you might be interested. If a large enough amount of people would like to try this, I'll give it a go. And if you got stuck along the way you could leave me comments and I could try to answer them for you.

    *Images courtesy of BurdaStyle and Martha Stewart

Post Title

A Frock By Friday™


Post URL

http://bizzybbakes.blogspot.com/2010/04/so-i-had-idea-yesterday_18.html


Visit bizzybbakes for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive