Today is the day.

    As you are reading this I am probably in surgery hoping everything goes okay. I have been very nervous about this birth. With my last pregnancy, the anaesthesiologist punctured my spinal fluid when doing my epidural. I did not find this out until I began to get a terrible headache days later that could not be dulled by any of the strong pain medication I was taking. It wasn't until I was about to be discharged that I was told about the puncture and that my headache was caused by a leaking in my spine of the fluid surrounding my brain causing my brain to sag. Gross. I've read that this happens in about 1% of epidurals.

    I also had to have a blood transfusion because I became dangerously anemic and throughout the six days we spent there, none of the physicians could find a vein out of the 200 or so times I was poked and prodded. I left the hospital quite sore and black and blue from head to back.

    So now I am a little leery about routine hospital procedures and I'm about to have a gazillon done to me today. I'm so nervous. Especially for the epidural which I never particularly looked forward to.

    It's strange knowing the exact day, almost hour, that you are going to have a baby. I don't think I particularly like knowing. I like the anticipation and surprise of rushing to the hospital. However, I am now SOO uncomfortable that having a definite end date has become a welcome blessing. Read my TumTum Tree post on Pica.

    I have a few more posts scheduled while I am in the hospital so please come back again later for more sewing and fashion fun. But until I can get back to a computer I will not be able to post anything about the baby or approve comments so please don't be offended if your comment doesn't post until next week. Hopefully Sunday or Monday we will be back home.

    Wish us luck.

    {image courtesy of Modern Child}

Post Title

Today is the day.


Post URL

http://bizzybbakes.blogspot.com/2010/01/as-you-are-reading-this-i-am-probably.html


Visit bizzybbakes for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive