Modern Mockingbird Bloomer and Blouse

    Though this little frock looks so adorable on Molly it is meant for another little girl. This was made for a friend's baby shower and at first I intended to make three including a monkey and snail. Cute right?! As it turned out I was only able to crank out one. Booooo. Time was just not on my side. As any mother/last minute costume maker will tell you....it's hard to take care of two girls while playing seamstress. I could have taken some short cuts that might have sliced my time in half but had my heart set on some details (ie the matching trim, and puff sleeves).



    One can only guess why I named it Modern Mockingbird;) It was my first attempt at applique. I was so clueless at the fabric counter that I had them cut plain instead of double sided interfacing. I loved the look of the loosely bound stitching around the applique but could use some practice. Really tiny rickrack might have done the trick too but I didn't think of it until after the fact. Whatever the case, I hope baby Olivia won't mind and gets good use out of it! That....and that it doesn't fall apart in the first wash.








Post Title

Modern Mockingbird Bloomer and Blouse


Post URL

http://bizzybbakes.blogspot.com/2008/06/though-this-little-frock-looks-so.html


Visit bizzybbakes for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List