Boardwalk Blue Stripe Frock

    This dress reminded me of a photo you might see in the 1930s of young girl eating a sno-cone at Coney Island or standing barefoot on the sand at the seashore. Navy and white make such a crisp combination reminicent of sailing, beaches and all things water. I made this dress with a full circled skirt so lily can really whip it around when she twirls. She wore it to a graduation party and entertained herself by spinning and spinning until falling over. My favorite touch were the short sleeved button cuffs. I really struggled with a couple ideas for the sleeves but I think these were the perfect choice.

Post Title

Boardwalk Blue Stripe Frock


Post URL

http://bizzybbakes.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-dress-reminded-me-of-photo-you.html


Visit bizzybbakes for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List